• Harrisburg, PA
Votes |
AirBNB in Harrisburg PA?

Jason Abel
  • Investor
  • Harrisburg, PA
Posted Feb 20 2018, 07:22

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself and ask for some feedback.  I'm new to BP but have been reading for quite some time now.  I've lived in Central PA for over 15 years and also own an operate a successful IT business based in Harrisburg.  So I am very rooted in this area.  

Over the last few years I have been itching to invest in AirBNB/short term rentals.  I have done so much research that it's time for me actually do it and pull the trigger on my first property.  Being based in Harrisburg PA I want to start local or something that is within 2 hours  (Philly/Baltimore).  I know there is a lot of red tape surrounding Baltimore right now so I'm OK with holding on that area until regulations are cleared up.  

My question is - has anyone here been successful with AirBNB in the Harrisburg/York/Lancaster/Hershey area?  If so, what made your property successful? How did you choose your first property? 

I know there are a few listings on BNB that seem to have decent occupancy rates.  My research is pointing me to the Midtown area of HBG as that appears to be growing.

Any feedback is appreciated - I'm also interested in connecting with others in the area that are interested or currently doing short term rentals in Central PA. 

Thanks!!

Loading replies...