Abilene Tx meetups??

23 Replies

We just moved to the area and purchased a home. Looking to get in touch with local investors, landlords and property managers to start networking. Anyone know if there is a REA established? Thanks.

I don’t live there but do market and invest there. It would probably be a simple as someone just starting one and advertising it on BP. Something as simple as meeting at a local restaurant for breakfast or lunch and then adjusting the meeting place as the group grows. Just my thoughts

I no longer live in Abilene but I’m just 2 hours East in Fort Worth. I’m looking forward to investing in Abilene if you guys get a meet up going. I’d like to attend. I live in Abilene for 27 of my 37 years of life.

I'm putting together an Abilene TX REI meetup and will keep you posted if you'd like. PM me and I'll let you know - there may be a virtual aspect to it.

Our local Abilene REI unofficial community is having an in-person meetup on Saturday, January 23 at 10am (CST) at Front Porch Coffee. I'll post more event details on the Abilene Real Estate Investing Network Facebook group (with which I have no affiliation) next week so everyone can RSVP more easily and we can all see who is planning to be there.

Last time, we talked about our current projects and strategies for investment and deal financing, student loan payoff techniques using RE, tax/liability strategy ideas, common struggles and market observations, and flips gone wrong. It was an inspiring conversation with differing perspectives and interesting insight.

Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion. If you are interested in the Abilene market but not local, drop some questions in the thread so we can all help answer them for you!

Would anyone be interested/able to help with a reliable device if someone wants to join us virtually?

Hi, @Juliette Pena ! We've started having local investor meetups about twice a month at Front Porch Coffee. The next two gatherings are February 2 at 4pm and February 20 at 10am. If you go to the Abilene Real Estate Investing Network page on Facebook (with which I am not affiliated), you can find the event I posted in the discussion area. Let me know if you have trouble finding it. We'll be glad to see you there!

We're trying to get a virtual option set up, as well, so stay tuned for more information on that and let me know if you're interested in hosting that on your device.