Official Phoenix Market BP Investors Meetup

Official Phoenix Market BP Investors Meetup

Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Finally! Biggerpockets will have a HOME in the valley to get together on the regular! This is something I've been waiting on.

Address is: 950 W. Elliot Rd #101. Tempe, AZ 85284

My broker, who is an investor as well has finally upgraded her home office. Moved into a new location with space!

We(the BP Nation) have been granted full access. The brokerage just moved in last weekend and I went in today to scope it out and talk about logistics. I was already given complete and full permission to use the space specifically for BP meetups.

NO OBLIGATION TO USE THE BROKERAGES PRODUCTS OR SERVICES!!!

Now, we just need to figure out when our first inaugural meetup will be. From there, we can use our first one or two meetings to nail down future logistics of days, times, topics we as a group discuss etc....

Questions, comments or concerns?
lets figure out a day/time

5Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor and Instructor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2010 · 303 posts · 332 votes
14y

I'm in. Just say when.

See this reply in the discussion

47 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Just to make sure to get the attention: Rich Weese, Justin S., Marc Freislinger, Albert Hasson, Wayne Neal

    sorry if I missed you. Hopefully this thread will pick up the pace soon.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Nick- I'll only be there last week of oct and all of nov this year. Rich

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Rich Weese:
    Nick- I'll only be there last week of oct and all of nov this year. Rich

    totally fine. I just wanted to make sure you were aware. This way, whenever you do roll through town, you'll know we have a home

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 509 posts · 134 votes
    14y

    Nick, as you already know I will be attending if the dates don't fall during my travels.

    This is really exciting, I know we will get a excellent turnout!

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 509 posts · 134 votes
    14y

    Im pretty much free the last half of the month, for the next 6 months

  • Real Estate Investor and Instructor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2010 · 303 posts · 332 votes
    14y

    I'm in. Just say when.

  • Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 550 votes
    14y

    Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. I'd like to do something similar in my area.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Marty Boardman:
    I'm in. Just say when.

    Damn, I knew I forgot someone important in my previous post!

    I'm glad you're in! I know you'll be an inspiration to a lot of the local guys including myself who haven't had the chance to meet you yet.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Forgot to mention, Phillip Dwyer, our local BP group will always welcome any member of the BP Nation. If you or anyone else is in town, the door will always be open.

    My hopes is that we show the Texas boys how we do things. They're always kicking our butts at everything else

  • Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 550 votes
    14y

    Thanks for the open invitation. Next time I'm in town, I'll be sure to look you up.

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 609 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    I would love to attend when I am in town. Heck I might be able to plan my visits around the meetup to be able to hang out with such knowledgeable people.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Gary Parker:
    I would love to attend when I am in town. Heck I might be able to plan my visits around the meetup to be able to hang out with such knowledgeable people.

    Of course! we still got to get a dinner down at http://www.montis.com/ next time you're here. I liked the pizza we got at Grimaldi's but men need a good steak ya know.

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 609 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    Oh ya I'm looking forward to Montis. I'll be planning a September visit but that will include the weekend of 9/22 to see Utah vs. Az State. Hopefully the September meet up schedule will be done by then and close to that date.

  • SFR Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 484 posts · 181 votes
    14y

    I'd really like to come- just pick a day.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Bumping this up in hopes others will see it.

    I'd like to throw out the dates of Friday, July 20th OR Friday, Aug. 3rd, say.....6pm at the address in the OP?

    Our first night, we can discuss future logistics including predetermined days/dates/times etc...

  • Real Estate Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2011 · 102 posts · 27 votes
    14y

    If the space permits I'd love to attend. Glad to see you putting this together, great job.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by L Gale:
    If the space permits I'd love to attend. Glad to see you putting this together, great job.

    The space is only permitted to BP members so of course your attendance is welcome :)

    I still need suggestions as to the date of the first meet up. I'm inclined to say Aug 3rd just to make sure its far enough to have as many people make sure they can attend.

    Any objections?

  • Real Estate Investor and Instructor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2010 · 303 posts · 332 votes
    14y

    Nick, Friday nights aren't good for me. My daughter has girl scouts.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Marty Boardman:
    Nick, Friday nights aren't good for me. My daughter has girl scouts.

    Ok. I'm really just worried about our first meetup. I believe those of us that make the first one and or two meetings will end up being some core members of the BP group and our biggest topic of discussion will be ongoing logistics including days/dates and times.

    If any one is available on Saturday, Aug 4th am, say 10am(ish) I would completely open to that being our first meetup day/time

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    14y

    In, let me know when. I also do not like Friday night's.

  • Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
    14y

    We were in Phoenix July 5 to 8. The most important thing we learned is what to avoid. There is a stigma on properties south of I-10 and crime there is way up. We saw two exceptionally nice newer forclosed houses (4/2, fancy moldings, modern layout, etc.) very near nice new shopping and so forth in Leveen. Two property managers told us that it takes very long to rent them in that area, and the rents are quite low. We researched crime data, and see that it is an area to avoid.

    It seems that Surprise is a good area.

    We saw one house which a flipper is trying to sell for too much in an HOA which prohibits renting for the first two years of ownership, and charges a $200 per month penalty for violations!

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 609 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    I am no expert on the Phoenix market but I agree South of I-10 has a stigma except I have found once you get into Avondale and West that does not apply. And yes, Surprise is very nice. When I was looking a lot down there I found the El Mirage, which is very close to Surprise, has some not so nice areas.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Back on topic.

    Justin S. and Marty Boardman, you guys wanna do that saturday august 4th late morning/early afternoon maybe?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    14y

    Nick J. That works for me. After 10 AM is fine with me.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 36 posts · 9 votes
    14y

    Have room for another?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.