• New to Real Estate
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Networking in the Midwest

Account Closed
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted May 21 2020, 13:18

Hi all - I'm a new investor from the Bay Area, who's planning to begin investing in small multifamily rental properties out of state. To do this, my wife and I will both be relocating to somewhere in the Midwest for a while, with plans to buy our first property within the next few months.

Neither of us have ever been to any of the markets I've been researching (with the exception of Cleveland), so we're taking a 45 day road trip starting next week to tour nine of the metro areas.

Those cities are:

- Kansas City, MO/KS

- Des Moines, IA

- Grand Rapids, MI

- Cleveland, OH

- Columbus, OH

- Cincinnati, OH

- Indianapolis, IN

- Louisville, KY

- Nashville, TN

Since we don't know which market we'll be investing in yet, my goal for the trip is to learn as much as possible about these markets, pick up some anecdotal stories, and get a feel for the local culture. To that end, if you're a RE professional in one of these markets, I'd love to connect.

We'll be hitting these cities in the sequence listed above starting end of May, and running into July. The timing could certainly be better with the pandemic and closures, but please feel free to reach out if you'd be willing to meet up and network with us. Lunch or drinks on me!

Cheers,

John B.

Loading replies...