Mailing Lists: Click2Mail vs. ListSource

10 Replies

I know ListSource is a crowd favorite here, but a particular list I am looking at is $5,000 at ListSource and only $416 at Click2Mail. So that is a very significant difference, so can someone please tell me what if anything makes ListSource's data better than Click2Mail's data? 

ListSouce has solid leads but I've always found them to be expensive. II personally use agentPro247 - I pay $20/ a month and can search for and download 2000 records a month, definitely worth looking into (i'm not affiliated with the site, just a happy customer)

@Zaid R. Thank you. I do recall reading about them. For $20 a month are you able to filter by LTV and/or Equity%, property value and absentee?

Listsource charges much more to sort certain criteria. Play with leaving some in and see if that helps. Also, after purchasing 2 small lists they emailed me with a new login which saves me more then 50% on the cost. Maybe talk to customer service about how to get this.

What list and criteria costs $5k? I just bought a 13,000 name list of high equity owner occupants for about $1200.

Also, don't forget to check the box to eliminate duplicates. You don't want to pay for the same name twice!

@Brandon G.    Great post!  We are getting ready to pull leads and have only used listsource with good results.  It is good to know there are other options!

@John Horner  It's a list of every property within 6 cities that contain a defined equity% and property value. I see that the property value is where the big cost comes into play.

Saving 50% is pretty big. I'll certainly give them a call and see what they say.

@Brandon G.  Initially I also found Listsource to be expensive, but when I spoke to a customer service rep (like @John Horner  mentioned above) I was able to get that price down significantly. I actually found the Listsource person through BP.

Thanks @Zaid R.  for the AgentPro247 tip. 

(Unfortunately, I have no affiliation to any of these data mining sites.)

@Zaid R.  

Do you know if the quality of the data is same for click2mail and listsource? I just wonder if click2mail's data is more outdated or something. The number of leads for both lists are very very close. For over less than 1/10 of the cost, it really makes me wonder if the quality is comparable or not.

@Brandon G.  I have never used mail2click so I really can't opine on comparing the two sites. 

There are a lot of dead leads right off the bat through Listsource, and most of our Listsource leads for us do not materialize. (From our mailers, more than 86% do not respond, and of the 8 - 14% that do respond, most of them are tire-kickers.) 

But we've gotten deals from out Listsource mailers, so something is working and we've been happy (to date) with the results. With all that said. I always would like to keep more money in our pockets, so if Mail2Click is a very similar product at a lower cost, please keep me posted.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.