What are the best marketing techniques for wholesaling that you have used?

11 Replies

I am trying to shed off the fear and finally get into the game. How much capital should I expect for starting a marketing campaign? What are the most effective avenues for a newbie to kick-start the lead generating process? I am interested in seeing results so if I have to fork out some money I will, but I will be trying to keep cost down.

1000????as we shall call it is a good marketing budget to start wholesaling successfully, you're paying about 200 in fixed cost or less for A fully loaded CRM customer relationship management then you have your list that you can get from various sources like click to mail.com, list source.com I love list source personally once your calls  start coming in you take them through the process see if the numbers make sense market them while sauce ever get to your list of resources into the property is on the contract secure both sides of the contract on the buyers agent and sellers in have both contracts processed at your friendly investor title company when everything turns out that the title is clean set up closing for the seller and the buyer, the remaining The remaining money left in escrow is yours would be your difference between what you charge the seller and what you charge the buyer remember you're bringing value to both parties when and if you are you do this the right way.

PS I'm talking into my iPhone 6+ so I apologize if it seems like this paragraph is just running on LOL I love the social networking stuff

1000????as we shall call it is a good marketing budget to start wholesaling successfully, you're paying about 200 in fixed cost or less for A fully loaded CRM customer relationship management then you have your list that you can get from various sources like click to mail.com, list source.com I love list source personally once your calls  start coming in you take them through the process see if the numbers make sense market them while sauce ever get to your list of resources into the property is on the contract secure both sides of the contract on the buyers agent and sellers in have both contracts processed at your friendly investor title company when everything turns out that the title is clean set up closing for the seller and the buyer, the remaining The remaining money left in escrow is yours, minus any closing costs if you agree to cover it, would be your difference between what you charge the seller and what you charge the buyer, remember you're bringing value to both parties when and if you are you do this the right way. (ethically 

PS I'm talking into my iPhone 6+ Learning to use talk to text so I apologize if it seems like this paragraph is just running on LOL I love the social networking stuff

1000????as we shall call it is a good marketing budget to start wholesaling successfully, you're paying about 200 in fixed cost or less for A fully loaded CRM customer relationship management then you have your list that you can get from various sources like click to mail.com, list source.com I love list source personally once your calls  start coming in you take them through the process see if the numbers make sense market them while sauce ever get to your list of resources into the property is on the contract secure both sides of the contract on the buyers agent and sellers in have both contracts processed at your friendly investor title company when everything turns out that the title is clean set up closing for the seller and the buyer, the remaining The remaining money left in escrow is yours, minus any closing costs if you agree to cover it, would be your difference between what you charge the seller and what you charge the buyer, remember you're bringing value to both parties when and if you are you do this the right way. (ethically 

PS I'm talking into my iPhone 6+ Learning to use talk to text so I apologize if it seems like this paragraph is just running on LOL I love the social networking stuff

Thanks @Antwon Austin  , I was thinking around that amount. What type of response should expect to see and how often should I resend the letters. This is a little off topic but do you answer all incoming calls or do you let them go to the answering machine (or equivalent)? Could you give me an example of what type of message you leave if you use the answering machine? 

To close deals you want to be able to answer your phone calls in case that you don't answer your phone calls you want to have a answer machine set up to filter through the calls something simple and professional like your name and a brief message works fine also when sending direct-mail it's very important to track your response rates in the communication you had with any of your direct mail pieces because there's no exact answer to when you should follow up with with leads,,depends on the rapport that you have built with them already your instincts as a leader will let you know when you should follow up with The lead, but in more simple terms follow up with the lead until they tell you to stop.

Also make sure the numbers work, your lead might be more motivated six months from when you originally contacted them don't forget that

Good information @Antwon Austin  and thanks for unselfish input! As I was reading your response it raised another question if I could bother you one more time? I feel I should set up a web page, how important is a web site or should I concentrate on getting them to call me for more direct contact?  

Raymond I believe every form of marketing is a good form I just believe direct-mail to be the most successful for me... I use my webpages to collect organic leads or PPC leads from Google or other big search engines but like I said direct-mail is an absolute success maker for me....some other investors might like these other forms of marketing I choose direct mail at my top source for deals, but I do use all of the forms of marketing

@Raymond Williamson  Keep your money as low as possible. There is no certain amount of money to spend. You just have to make an edcuational choice on what you can lose each month. Yea I said lose. Marketing/advertising is not guarantee so be ready to lose money before you make money. 

With $1,000, I'd keep my direct mail in house if possible... Unless you're sending out post cards. 

Like @Antonio Coleman  says, keep your expenses as low as possible. $200 on a full fledged crm to start out with may be a bit much. We are still using Podio which is free. 

Having a website isn't a necessity... talking to potential sellers is. It's highly unlikely that you'd be generating any motivated seller leads online with a minimal budget. If I were you, I'd create a site for credibilitys sake but only at a minimal cost.  I'd invest your funds on marketing to potential sellers through direct mail or other avenues. 

By the way, door knocking also works very well here and doesn't cost a thing. You'd have to sharpen up your sales skills though, it's not for the faint of heart. 

The most important thing here is that you stay consistent with whatever marketing it is that you're doing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.