What to do in between mail campaigns?

10 Replies

BP Nation,

I have hit a lull since the wave of calls have stopped from my first mailing campaign. What are some things that you do to keep busy until the next scheduled mailer. I do a bit of driving for dollars but it can easily turn into wasted time. I'm just curious about what others are doing during this time. I have also called a few Craigslist and newspaper ads.

Thanks

Start another campaign. What are you trying to accomplish? Wholesaling? Flipping? Do you have any deals that you have recently completed? Let local RE agents know what you're doing (have done) and motivate them to find you deals. Let them know you have money to spend. 

You can place ads on craigslist building you buyers list. Networking. Driving for dollars a waste? Umm, never heard that one. You're probably in the wrong part of town or something. You can make low ball offers on the MLS. Work on a different campaign. Get your numbers together from your current one, figure out how to make it better. Read. Write. Why are you waiting to mail our callers? Why not piece your mailing instead of a wave stuff. That will stretch your work out since you've grown bored...

I agree with @chazreid. I love driving for dollars and it kills alot of my boredom time in between my mailing campaigns. Most of the absentee houses that I look up are some time owned by other investors (BUYERS), so I use driving for dollars to as a way to build my Buyers list.

Good luck

@Nick Deshotels One the things you missed out on is sending those people over to your website. This the best way to educate those leads even more about what you do and how you can solve their problems. Having an educational REI website is very powerful in closing leads without you even saying a word.

@Rob Beland @Chaz Reid @Geoffrey F. @Antonio Coleman Thanks guys for all the feedback. To clarify, I generally love DFD and have found several leads this way, but I have also found no leads on some trips. I just don't want to bank on DFD. I have now purchased a second list, so now I can offset my mail campaigns every 2-3 weeks apart. My Buyers list is lacking, so I'll also look to start making regular visits to the county auctions. Posting ghost ads on Craigslist is also something I'm going to soon explore. Thanks again for the feedback fellas. 

Practice your presentation

Cold greet

Work your COI

Follow up on past calls. 15-30-60-90

Cold call garage sales and cars for sale. 

Visit open houses 

Or do more advertising than you can capture and don't worry.  Monday I had 52 calls we couldn't answer. Tuesday 39. And I have 3 people answering the phone nine hours a day.  

When you make the telephone ring in abundance you win. 

@Michael Quarles Thanks so much for the input. Ironically, I just finished listening to your last 3 podcasts on my way to work. Great stuff!

Thanks

Network, Read, Podcast, work on rentals are just some things.  I LOVE RE!!! Always something to do in between...

I just posted a thread detailing how I get wholesale deals in front of real buyers in my area. It's "busy work" so it'll definitely kill some of that free time between mailings.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/193541-tip-finding-real-buyers-for-your-deals

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.