Real Estate Investor groups?

7 Replies

Good morning everyone! I'm new to real estate and was just curious if anyone has ever been to real estate group and what their experience was going to one. Right now I'm currently studying/researching the most I can before I start become and investor. I would like to find a mentor, I'm not looking for them to do everything for me, But to guide me through the steps that one has to take to get everything done. I know that someone isn't going to help me if I have no value to bring to them. Now I'm getting carried away lol... please tell me your experience at one of these groups and would you recommend a novice like me to attend one?

Welcome to BP I'm a new member too hope you have great success

@Derrick Best Thanks wish the best of luck as well!

@Jonathan Castro Welcome and Google local real estate investors meetings. I know down here there are dozens that pop up on google.

@Jonathan Castro , I didn't attend a REIA meeting until about 7 years after I started investing. I didn't want to give away my secrets. That was a mistake. I didn't have any real secrets. I met people who helped me through problems, encouraged my growth and led me to deals I would probably never have found on my own. Find the meetings, attend and meet people. If you are open and genuine you may be surprised how easy it is to get help when you need it.

@Jeff Rabinowitz Thank you for the input Jeff! I've messaged one of the group organizers in my area and let him know that I was interested in attending one of his meetings.   

Holy cow! There's so much more to learn! Sorry if I'm exposing my ignorance, but where does one find these real estate investment groups, and what do they cover?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you