Need help with a name for my company

26 Replies

I am going to start a company (corp or llc) taking to my CPA which is best. What ideas do y’all have? Can’t be one already registered with state of Tennessee. Currently mostly flipping houses, and starting new builds. Hopefully, will mostly do new builds in the future. In process of getting builders license’s. 

The company name I feel like should end with _________ Homes. 

Promotion
REI Nation
Turnkey Real Estate
Wondering how to safely invest in out-of-state real estate?
This 40-page eBook is your best resource for safe, profitable, passive real estate investing.
Download Now

Quality
Superior
Well Crafted

Or...how about "Welcome Home Builders" or the like. Brings a warm fuzzy feeling to you, right?

No offense, but if you're stuck at this step, you're going to find the rest of the process overwhelming.

Ultimately, the name of the registered business is not very important -- you can always use a DBA if you want to change it. Focus on the important stuff -- finding deals.

I have been flipping for years and have more deals I can handle at the moment. I just put that out there to get some feedbacks on names. Was buying and selling under my name and now want to do it under a company name, for protection, etc. I do think a name is important because of branding, etc.  No offense taken.

Originally posted by @Hozan Barwari :

I have been flipping for years and have more deals I can handle at the moment. I just put that out there to get some feedbacks on names. Was buying and selling under my name and now want to do it under a company name, for protection, etc. I do think a name is important because of branding, etc.  No offense taken.

If you've been doing this for years under your own name successfully, why do you want a different name for your business?  Just name it after yourself, as you already likely have a brand built under your personal name.  

Branding is important, but in this business (flipping houses), a personal brand is just as good as a business brand (in my opinion)...

the "welcome home builders" is nice. it does give that je ne sais quoi which speaks of moving in.  look at what i am offering you. if you desire your name incl the alliteration of "Hozan's Homes" has a ring. just my humble opin. cheers to your endeavors, sydney

I agree that if you have already been operating under your personal name successfully then go ahead use it. People are already familiar with you and you have a memorable name. I've got one of the most commonly used names in this country, so if I used "Chris Buys Houses", well who the heck is Chris because there are 20,000 of them around here! Now Hozan or Barwari Homes, that's catchy, memorable, and personal. 

I wouldn't get too caught up in the protection idea, they'll find out who you are regardless of your dba name if they want come after you. 

Middle TN Homes is meh, kinda cliche imo.  

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

I'm a "Buy and Hold" guy so I named my company "I Kept It" Real Estate.  As a suggestion I would create a name along the lines of "Flipping."  Think about what you do and nail it down.  My company name is also a play on words.  Whatever you do, just "Keep it Real" Estate.

I have been battling with that too (not letting it weigh me down or anything). I am thinking about using K Earle Properties just to get something on a business card and then spending a few dollars down the road through Elance or something to come up with a name and logo who specialize in branding. For my other business, we spent some money on a logo and it was totally worth the money! 

Originally posted by @Hozan Barwari :

Thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone on names for my LLC. Which is what I was asking not people telling me other stuff that was not asked for.

Made me chuckle. That is what a conversation is, people occasionally saying things that weren't asked for ;)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you