Posting on Craigslist

7 Replies

BP Community,

I've read a lot about Craigslist as a viable marketing tool. However, I'm finding it tough to stand out amongst the noise on Craigslist. 

Would love to here some best practices from the community to help my postings stand out!!

Are you trying to rent out your place or buy a new place?  I can't help much with renting out, but to buy, I suggest not bothering to post, but to contact others who are posting a place for rent and see if they are interested in selling.

Are you looking for properties?  Like motivated sellers?

One idea is to offer a free report about how to sell your house fast - something your prospects would be interested in.  Give them something for free.  Of course, they'll need to give you their contact information to get it.  You'll give them valuable information that helps them out, and of course you can explain the benefits of working with you.

You can try posting an add looking for bird dogs offering cash for bona fide leads you close on

504-556-2157

@Anton Taylor As much as I hate click-bait, those ads actually work.  Try to mimic the style of ad that says:

"Joe and Susie went to look for a new apartment and what they found will SHOCK you!!!"

Did I mention that I really hate click-bait?

Charlie MacPherson, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9532146)
781-412-4151

Thanks for the responses. Posted a few adds today! Read an article today that said it's best to post a minimum of 3 times per day. I'm seeking new ways to generate leads from motivated sellers. 

Doesn't hurt to try!

@Anton Taylor - motivated sellers: 1. Eviction court 2. Foreclosure filings on rentals or houses with equity 3. Estate sales / probate 4. Owners with vacant property / having a hard time renting.

Craigslist might help with #4, helping you reach out to people who might want to sell because their property is vacant. It probably won’t connect you ASAP to the person whose apartment is currently trashed from a bad tenant.

I think you’ll get more responses if you message/text/call people than if you just post wanted.

Got one response so far on new Craigslist add searching for Bird Dogs in NOLA & Pensacola markets.  I posted them on the "gigs" / "event gigs".  I am going to try shifting to other gigs and posting multiples

504-556-2157

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.