Marketing for Leads with Direct Mail REIVault

7 Replies

Hey BP!!

I am extremely overwhelmed with marketing and lists of leads. 

Does anyone have a simple breakdown of how they efficiently chose their leads and scheduled mail outs? 

I’m working with Real Acquistions, which is not working for my county. So most likely going to move on from them. 

Trying to master Lead Source. This site is crazy busy!!

I’m looking into ReiVault but not sure if they are worth the cost. Has anyone been using them and had a good/bad experience?

Also, what type of mailer have you had most success with? Yellow letters seem wayyy to common these days. 

We use property radar for the lists and Tri Win for the mailing of our postcard. We send a decent amount so postcards are cheaper. I’m pretty sure Tri Win Cana help you with the design of the card as well or you can send a copy of how you want your card to look and they can make it look as close as possible. If you just want to hand write your letters or print them off, property radar will give you all the info on an excel sheet. You can select all the info you need to get the list you want on it. Not sure if lead source has all that too. Tri Win will put in the mailing address and in a different section will plug in the property address you want to buy in whatever area you want in your narrative. Then Tri Win will mail all the postcards out for you. So, create your card, get the list, send it to tri win and that’s it. All the rest will be done for you.

Hi @Brittany Villamil . I know the feeling! I have been there many times myself. In order to overcome this feeling you must get organized. Decide on one type of marketing to start and then master it. Once you have mastered it and get it set up on autopilot, then add in another form of marketing. Work on mastering it, then add on another, and so on. Focusing on one thing at a time will not only help to alleviate the feeling of being overwhelmed, but will also make you more productive. Time blocking your days can also be a big help.

If you want to start with direct mail, one way you can get started with your marketing is to first select a target/farm area. You target area should be one that fits with your niche, whether that be wholesaling, rehabbing, but and hold, etc. Once you have your target area selected and defined, start with driving for dollars in that area. Not only will this give you a good list to start with, but it will help you really learn that area and neighborhood. Use this driving for dollars list as your base or core list, and then layer in other lists in the same area such as a high equity list, preforeclosure list, tax lien list, etc. You will need to scrub the lists for repeats, but make make note of which addresses appear on two or more lists and then use them to create a "super list" and cold call those. Anyone that appears on multiple lists is likely to more motivated to sell.

I mail a combination of postcards and letters, but I do not mail yellow letters. Several years ago I did with success, but as you mentioned they have become far too common these days. I had custom postcards and letters made that are all company branded. I do this as a way to stand apart from all the other yellow letter type mailers and generic postcards. I have had several sellers tell me that they called me specifically because my mailer seemed more professional and legitimate to the homeowner.

For a direct mail provider I highly recommend @Sharad M.  with REsimpli. I have been using his company for some time now and have been quite happy with the quality and service.

Check out these articles on BiggerPockets for more info:

Driving for Dollars Bible: Finding Distressed Properties and Marketing

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/05/0...

How do You Select Your Target Real Estate Market Area?

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/04/1...

What Exactly is a Direct Mail Campaign?

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/03/0...

How to Get Started with a Direct Mail Marketing Campaign for Your Real Estate Business

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/04/0...

How to Choose the Right Direct Mail Mailing List

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/11/1...

Finding Your Next Real Estate Deal: How to Prospect & Farm Your Market

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2010/12/0...

Originally posted by @Brittany Villamil :

Hey BP!!

I am extremely overwhelmed with marketing and lists of leads. 

Does anyone have a simple breakdown of how they efficiently chose their leads and scheduled mail outs? 

I’m working with Real Acquistions, which is not working for my county. So most likely going to move on from them. 

Trying to master Lead Source. This site is crazy busy!!

I’m looking into ReiVault but not sure if they are worth the cost. Has anyone been using them and had a good/bad experience?

Also, what type of mailer have you had most success with? Yellow letters seem wayyy to common these days. 

Hi Brittany,

This is what we are marketing to:

• Absentee Owners with 30%+ Equity
  • Homeowners with 30%+ Equity

Keep the things simple. Ideally, if you can get your hands on divorce list, Affidavit of Death, Tax Delinquent, Probate, etc. and filter those for equity, you will do well.

To be honest, once you have a good list it is more important to send something than try to find the perfect mail piece. I am not saying that the mail pieces are not important but consistency of sending direct mail to the same list is more important than the actual design.

Hope that helps.

@Brittany Villamil I know the feeling you are going through because we help a lot of newbies set up their mailing campaigns. We use several services to pull lists depending on our client's criteria. We are local to you and you could come to our office and see for yourself our process of pulling lists and printing/mailing your letters. We are in Rosenberg, TX a few minutes from Richmond. 

Feel free to reach out and I'll do everything possible to get you started or just answer questions. 

@Brittany Villamil I'd suggest working with a list broker. Quite often they are the same price as when you go on-line. In addition to doing the work for you, they can also offer suggestions so you can get a unique list rather than mailing to the same people other investors are sending to.

In some markets Absentee Owners are getting multiple offers. You might consider something like Owners with Low Financial Stability Scores or Seniors with Long-time Ownership.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you