One of my sellers died before signing contract
Hello BP, I hope someone can help me out with this.
I got a call Friday from a motivated seller and met them on Sunday. It turns out the house is owned by three siblings ( two sisters and a brother) all of whom are on social security. The brother became ill a while back and was placed in a nursing home. With the loss of his income the two sisters fell behind on the mortgage and the house is in foreclosure, cure deadline is Oct 15.
After walking through the house and speaking with the sisters we made a deal and they signed my contract. I spoke with the daughter of the brother and she agreed to the deal as well and was working to get power of attorney.
When I got home today I had a message from one of the sisters saying that the brother died this morning and his daughter wasn't able to get the power of attorney signed. I haven't called back yet and don't know if there is a will.
So where do I go from here? The sisters still want to sell and I'm waiting for a call back from the law firm working the foreclosure to try to push the sale. I feel super awkward calling to find out if there is a will but if there isn't I would imagine it could take months to get sorted out. Even if there is a will wouldn't it still take a while? I already did a title search and it is not a joint tenant deed.
What do you all think?