Commercial BRRRR & Hold

Commercial BRRRR & Hold

Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 7 votes

Investment Info:

Industrial buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $395,000
Cash invested: $40,000

Commercial flex space building I bought as a challenge from a buddy of mine.
It was a HUGE learning experience as my first commercial deal but I wouldn’t change it.

I just finished a cash out refi on it this week. By doing that I lowered my payment by $150/m and put $40,000 in my pocket tax free.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

My buddy said I couldn’t do a commercial deal

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found it on loopnet or crexi

How did you finance this deal?

with my bank

How did you add value to the deal?

at this point I have kicked out tenants, revised leases to be more landlord friendly, pulled an insurance claim to redo the roofs on both buildings, the garage doors, all the siding and then I spent my own cash to remodel the inside of the larger one while vacant and the tenants have remodeled the smaller one.

What was the outcome?

Being able to get the building stabilized for a refinance.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

The obstacle is the way

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

My Team

2Reply
71 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anna CatronPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 87 votes
    1mo

    Ohhhhh, I'm reading these posts backwards!  OK, so you bought it for 400, putting 45 in and now it's worth 1M and cash flowing  beautifully!!  

    Do you mind sharing how much cash you put into the rehab? And yes, the obstacle IS the way!!!  

    Very impressive to double the value of the property!!  We did that with a chunk of land and a gross duplex!

    And actually, the reason we bought our FIRST BRRRR was not bc we were told we couldn't but bc my brother said "I'll buy that property!" and we beat him to it! Sometimes it takes a nudge!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.