First Timer here: SFR 3/2/2 Fort Worth, TX

6 Replies

I want to know what you guys think about this deal.

Asking price is $115,000 for a 3/2/2 SFR that's about 1,740sqft built in 2006 brick home. Its located in a very quiet neighborhood with a fantastic school district. There's plenty of shopping areas including grocery stores (like walmart and Kroger) and places to eat no more than a 10 minute driving away.

The rest of this is really just from Zillow. Property tax is known to be about $206/month, insurance $67/month.

I also found out the HOA fees are $300/year.

I think I can get tenants into this place pretty easily to rent for maybe $1100 to $1200/month

What do you guys think? Do I need more info?

@Morgan N. ..How will you fund the deal/rate? What type of repairs needed? Make sure to get inspection of major(roof, plumbing, electrical, HVAC)..Seems like a marginal deal with info provided..quick calculation..

What is the condition? Does it need a lot of rehab to make it rental ready, or is it already in rentable condition?

At first glance I am thinking 25% down, you finance about 86k on a 30 year note, your PITI ends up about 690/month. Are you planning on using a property manager or managing yourself?

If the house is in good shape already, I'd most likely go for it if I can get 1200 a month.

I'm going to ask my real estate agent to take a look at the place real soon. It doesn't look to be in any bad shape at all judging from the pictures. It might even be move-in ready. I plan to manage it myself especially since its going to be my first (I'd like to get the experience). I've gotten pre-qualified for a conventional loan from the bank too. And yes Jason is just right on how I plan on financing this.

if it needs no repairs...there are still better rental deals out there. assuming the house rents for 1% of it's value (ARV)...you can find deals with more equity and without HOA dues that will cash flow more for you.

Ok guys, I just lost that original deal due to it being on a contract just recently but I met up with my agent and we went to 2 homes this evening. It was my first time ever! looking at these homes puts me in a different perspective. This one home has 2 offers and is going to be submitted to the owner tomorrow morning. Asking price is $114,000. I'm pretty sure these offers come from investers and so my guess is that they are offering maybe 90 to even 85% of actual asking price! Comps around that area are pretty comparable at $110,000 average I think. HOA in this area is only about $150/year, tax last year was about $3000 due to great school district. same type of neighborhood. I am offering $105,000 with a $38,000 down payment to hopefully make the seller second guess any cash offers... do you think that's a notable offer?

My thinking is that if lets say you have a cash buyer offering 90% (or example) which is in the range of $102,600+/-, my solid $105,000 would not only look and sound better, but the high down payment might be nice. I know its not as high of a downpayment as 100% but if I were just a seller and were given the option of getting $102,600 now -OR- getting $38k now and then later getting $67,000 which is about 2.5k more by simply waiting another month... I'd take the 105 plus downpayment right? lol anyway I actually don't expect the seller to take my offer. I'm just playing with numbers and probability now.

oh and this is a 4/2/2 1540sqft, 2003, brick home. (yes 4 bedroom). I am wanting to rent it out for maybe 1100-$1200/month hopefully making maybe a 100-150/month cash flow and saving the rest for maintainance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially, you'd be spending 38K + CC to make $1200-1800 a year. Your cap rate would have to be in the 5-6% range.

You're cash flowing over $100 (and even that's very iffy from what I could figure out from your numbers)...but you'd be paying way too much to do it.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.