Buying a SFH Rental

6 Replies

I plan on buying couple of rental properties preferably SFH. I have focussed my search in northern california because I lived there but I am looking for ideas if there are better places. I use property managers as I currently live outside USA on an assignment.

Any ideas? I looked at Plano,TX, Houston but Cali seems to beat on long term property appreciation. I am looking to buy properties that will be minimally cash flow neutral with a long term appreciation.

I will appreciate any ideas.

SE Michigan.  Redford, Wayne, Livonia, Ypsilanti.  All have low cost, low tax, high rent/sf, high cash flow.  This is a very popular area for out of state, and out of country investors.

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

As Joe stated there are some great deals in the Metro Detroit Area (SE Michigan).

I think you could pull it off in any bedroom community of any metropolitan city in the Midwest...

Great investment opportunities are here in Metro Detroit!

@Sri Mallur   You should look into the Kansas City market.  You can find properties for $30-$40k with rents range $600-$800.

Hi @Sri Mallur  ,

I am in Houston, and I have seen a good rate of appreciation over the last few years. 

Definitely ask if you have some questions.

Thanks,

Andres J. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here