On a piece of raw land, what would be the cost of a sewer line?

2 Replies

Is there a ballpark number on the price per lineal foot of installing sewer pipe? I know there are variables, but assuming a normal, wooded parcel of land that has enough pipe to handle 8 to 12 dwellings, how much per foot? Or is it even calculated this way. Any help would be much appreciated. 

@Terry Burger  , For a "regular" house on a "regular" lot your looking about 7 bucks a foot +/-    For this type of situation I would consult with the municipality, my engineer and my plumber on the EXACT parcel of land I was looking to develop.   Things can get "stinky" in a hurry with developmental sewer!

Also your "tap" fees will probably be MORE than the actual costs of the pipe install.

It's even messier than that Todd. I have to get an easement to tap sewer from a neighboring commercial property that has six or seven owners. Could be tough, but I've got a 30 day due diligence and if I play my cards right and can get the easement plus rezoning, it might be a good land flip or perhaps a townhouse development with some financing help. Thanks for the help. I've been around builders for 10 years, but development, that's a new animal for me. Thankfully I have a friend that owns a construction management company that can price it out from start to finish. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here