I want to make sure i have a deal.

2 Replies

I purchase a 3 bed 2 bath for 110k. ARV comps suggest 185k. With repairs I'm rounding up to 20k that already had a built in cushion from 17k. I feel confident that I can resell it in its condition beween 160-170k as last week a 3/2 house in the area sold for 177k cash. That house was 1100sq feet and this one is 2000sq. Do i have a deal?

Probably, especially if you really know how to estimate repair costs and if there isn't anything weird about your house.  In fact, if oil wasn't dropping so precipitously I would probably look for the high end $185K vice $160-170K dependent upon what you did for rehab.  If you did a cheap looking rehab, then stay low, if not then I'd go higher. 

Something that great always sounds "too good to be true".  It sounds like you have a great opportunity.  If you have a good relationship with a contractor, I would ask him to walk through and check out the major items - foundation, roof, etc.  There may be something that is seriously wrong with it, and you will want to know BEFORE you buy it :)  Best of luck - I hope you make some serious cash on that deal.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here