Analyze sfh

5 Replies

I got an offer accepted at 66,000 for a sfh 4 bed 2 full bath. I estimate about 10k to fix it up.  Rent will fetch 1000-1100 per month. Taxes are 2500 per year. I am putting 20% down at borrowing rate of 4.625. Does this seem like a good buy and hold?

Be sure to include all expenses.  Besides, taxes, you have insurance, management, maintenance, capital reserves, and vacancies.  I estimate the total to be $6,300 to $7.780.

Based on your loan rate I would want a cap rate around 7.625.  Based on this it would not be a deal for me at that price.

Good Luck.

Bill

I now calculate the value at about $75,000 counting purchase price and rehab.  I do not give additional value to the house just because you are going to self-manage.  Of course you will make more money if you add your labor.

Good Luck.

Bill

don't forget to comp out the property as a safety valve in case rents or neighborhood changes. also try to project appreciation numbers for 1- 5 years . What is the properties sale history over a number of years ,similar sales, those for sales etc

I think appreciation is likely. House appraised for 126k and similar homes on the street and in neighborhood are selling for 130-160 depending on the the condition.  Property sold for 150k in 2008 but is outdated for the most part.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here