Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Ana Hyler
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
Payoff debt, continue with residential investments or try commercial?

Ana Hyler
  • Lincoln, NE
Posted Feb 4 2015, 12:30

What to do, what to do?

You may have read my previous posts (blogs) and know that my main goal was to stop growing and pay off debt, but now that we just got a little cash from a rent-to-own deal we did, I am questioning my next move. On the one hand, this cash can be put to good use and pay -down some debt. On the other hand, this cash can be used as a down payment for more investment properties.We have placed one of our rentals under the R.T.O. contract, which means that (eventually) we will be shorter in cash flow, unless we replace that sale with another property.

If for just a minute I would have made up my mind to continue to invest…. Should I continue with rental Single families? Should I try a small multi-units? OR…should I try a commercial real estate investment?

YES…I said commercial…. It is enticing….. but from research, I also know the vacancy rates are higher than residential. So many questions!

I am currently researching a car wash (self serve) commercial/business property… the numbers seem to make sense… but is a brand new territory for me.

Has anyone here been in this type of situation before? What did you do? Please comment!

Thanks for reading!

Loading replies...