Critique My Deal, Using Seller Finance on This Rental

1 Reply

I have a seller with a well maintained 3/2 house with no A/C in a C neighborhood. Seller has very little equity. 52K mortgage on a house worth 60K. The seller is older and wants to downsize and move to a duplex. She only wants what she owes or for someone to take over the $623 payment. $138 principle, $485 interest (she showed me the bill). He mortgage has an 11% rate.

She's currently refinancing to get a lower payment. She's open to lease option or subject to for the new mortgage payment. My strategy is to hold it as a rental.The house will rent for $800 or $900.

I'm just not sure how I should structure the deal. Lease option or subject to? I'm concerned about the due on sale clause but i do want interest in the property.....looking for some good feedback BP

ok, on paper it looks good, see attached calculations I made. I put in 1000 property taxes and 600 insurance. I don't know your real numbers there. I am concerned about C class asset and the vacancy (I planned for 15% which is usually low for C class). If you PM me a property address I can give you a much better insight into it.

As for structure, buy the property and rent it back to her. Sound and clean.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here