I am almost done reading Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff. This has been such an insightful book for me in terms of not only REI but just life and relationships in general....
I've had my favorite books along the way besides this one (Rich Dad, Poor Dad, As a Man Thinketh, etc.).
What are some of your favorite personal development or business development books?
The Little Engine that Could
@Steven Picker no kidding. And there's probably one (I can think of one I'm sure) about simply BEGINNING and not over-thinking! Excellent choice. :)
How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.
If you are in sales or marketing, this should be your bible. If you can find an original version (an update came out in 1986 I think) it is even better as there are additional sections on business correspondence and how to make your relationship better.
@Adam Hershman great point. That is THE quintessential people skills book out there. I love all the anecdotes. It's just a bit of instruction then a plethora of stories to illustrate the point. Excellent suggestion!
For adults :
Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
- First Break All The Rules- Takes Mgmt rules & throws them out
- Jack Welch- Control Your Own Destiny or Someone Else Will
- Donald Trump- The Art of The Deal (Very Old Book)
- The Bible- 140 mentions of money in the King James Version
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Covey- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
************* was one of the first authors I read on real estate investing it was very inspiring at the time probably 15 years ago
He is still going . This book is on Amazon for free
No BS Real Estate Investing - How I Quit My Job, Got Rich, & Found Freedom Flipping Houses ... And How You Can Too [Kindle Edition]
I have really liked The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham and Warren Buffet's letters to his shareholders. I understand that these are primarily security and stock driven books. HOWEVER, the underlying theory of fundamental analysis has changed my thinking about how to invest. Rich dad helped me think about money, but these books helped me think about how to invest and how to analyze every investment
Folks, these are wonderful suggestions. I cannot wait to read them all! Love hearing what has impacted all of you for the better in your lives. I am finding that as I learn more about business and REI, I learn more about relationships (and myself). This is a stretching thing....I am growing because of it. Which is what we all really want, right?
- For philosophy of money-- Cash flow quadrant-Robert Kiyosaki,.. .
- For people skills-- How to Win Friends and Influence People-Dale Carnegie,.. .
- For persuasion--Little Green Book of Getting Your Way-Jeffrey Gitomer,..
- For sales--Little Red Book of Sales-Jeffrey Gitomer,.. .
- For persona--The Art of the Deal-Donald Trump,.. .
- For systemization-The Richest Man on Earth-Steven K Scott,.. .
- For money management--Secrets of the Millionaire Mind-T Harv Eker
@Daniel Mohnkern great suggestions! Love them.
Winning through Intimidation - Robert Ringer
More about creating a positive impression than how to intimidate
Lifeonaire - Steve Cook and Shaun McCloskey
How to focus on a better life rather than focus on money.
Escaping the Self Employment Trap - Victor Cheng
Brings clarity by pointing out 5 areas we should focus on.
The Richest Man in Babylon by George S Clason. An amazing Financial and wealth planning book.
@Cathy Wells , Thank you. So do I.
18 minutes is all about focusing on what is important. @Cathy Wells
@Mark Ainley awesome! My list is groooowing!
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.