Votes
Matt Flood
  • monroe , mi
Votes |
insurance quotes

Matt Flood
  • monroe , mi
Posted Apr 17 2015, 12:18

Hi BP, I am signing up for the pro membership in order to have access to the deal analysis calculator.  I am beginning the search for my first multi-unit and as I am aware, my analysis is only as good as the accuracy of the numbers used.  

I called my current insurance carrier that covers my homeowners, cars, etc. to get a quote on a property I found and they asked me about 40 different questions pertaining to the details/features of the subject property, some of which, one couldn't possibly know without having gone through the property yet.   

My question is, how is everyone else getting accurate numbers for insurance when analyzing deals?  Is there a template with all of this info I could fill out and send my ins. agent for quotes.  

I am finding that insurance in my area is quite high (over $1000/yr.) on multi-units, which is fine as long as I am factoring that in but if it's true that there is a good chance I will have to analyze 100 properties to find one good one….Well I like the staff at my ins. agency, but not that much and they certainly won't like me after the 20th one or so…  Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you in advance and have a great day!

Matt Flood

Loading replies...