1st Deal analysis! Go or No go?

2 Replies

So after months of looking for my 1st investment home. What do you think of these numbers? I am new to this but learning !  In a descent neighborhood with great schools. 3bedroom/2bath. The house is rent ready also.

SP 109k

taxes  2.87  / 3100 a month

ins 950 

vacancy 7%

rent 1200

repairs annually 500   estimate

20% down 4.9 int 30 yr.

What do you think ?  I'm getting around 250 cashflow.

I can probably get more on rent but going worst scenario.

Hello Victor,

I think your repair estimate is a little low. I think a good repair reserve is about 10% of gross rent (so around $120 per month). A single AC replacement could account for several years of your repair reserve. Your vacancy estimate may be alright. I typically estimate 10% for that as well. So you're at $800 PITI, $120 Repairs, $84-120 Vacancy. Would you manage this property yourself? How do you plan on marketing? You're looking at close to $160 per month cash flow not including management/marketing. If you can make $100 per rental per month I think you're doing ok.

Thanks for the reply Eric. I will be managing this home myself. It's less then 5 mins away from me. Marketing is the next thing to learn as this is my  1st investment home.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here