Rent - $16,500.00

Out:
(Annual) Actual Taxes - $861.00
(Annual) Estimated Insurance - $1,322.00
(Annual) Property Management (Optional) - $1,320.00
(Annual) Estimated Utilities/Lawn/Misc - $1,320.00
Total Costs - $4,823.00

Net: $11,677.00

First, I never use the words "estimated" for expenses...or they will turn into costs since they are not defined.

Second, how are you buying/rehabbing this?  That's either:

1 - financed money, which means it will reduce your CF, 

2 - cash, which starts you off in the hole, or...

3 - a combo of the two...which does both reduces CF and puts a little less in the hole to start.

Yeah I also think you're missing expenses, and like Joe said, you're not calculating the cost of capital.

How it's financed makes a huge difference.

What about vacancy, capEx, maintenance? 

Does the property need any Rehab? what about closing costs?

$16.5k income on 60k is 2.33% rent/price which is FANTASTIC if accurate, but rare, so it's important to be sure and not rationalize out of emotion. 

will be buying cash. 

Thanks for the quick reply Alexander. I do need to find out about whether it is fully rehabbed. I will find out and reply. Thanks for the advice.

What is wrong with the property that the owner is willing to sell $16,500 rents for only $60,000 or 3.6 GRM?

5-6k as per the TK company to be rent ready. They say its partially renovated.

If it rented already you may have no time to make an offer :))) I could not imagine such kind of numbers sitting on the market few days waiting for out advice :))) if it is rented in bad area - find property manager If it is not rented and sitting in the market - it could have a major problem - explore it and adjust your offer

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here