Need Advice! Would you ever Invest in a property that was once used as a care home?

6 Replies

There is a foreclosure listing here locally that was previously used as a care home.

It's over 3,000 sqft, has 4 bathrooms, 10 bedrooms, and can easily be converted into a huge beautiful house or Bed and Breakfast.

I believe the price is so low and so far untouched (no offers) Because of its' previous use as a care home, so I'm unsure whether I can benefit from the low price on this because if no one wants it, then no one wants it.

I'm curious what you guys think about this, would you ever invest in an ex-care home? If not, Why exactly? 

Thank you!

-Chelsea

I currently live in a home that was at one time the "AC Church Home for the Handicapped". I live on the main two floors and rent out the attic and basement.  

Thank you Tim! I'm hoping there isn't as much of a stigma on these types of houses with Investors, and hopefully others will see the many possibilities here, especially at the great price it's listed at. 

Does anyone else have experience or advice in this area?

Lots of beautiful homes have ugly pasts...If you make it great doesn't matter about the past...If I found a local property like this, I would jump all over it.

Thank you Kyle!  I couldn't agree more.  I know this is a diamond in the rough, and Im glad to hear other people would agree. I appreciate all of your input. 

Make it a better care home. You will probably make great money. Look at the large population that needs that type of housing. You might even get government subsidies.

Make it a better care home. You will probably make great money. Look at the large population that needs that type of housing. You might even get government subsidies.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here