Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Devin Beverage
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Please advise me on this South Tampa Turnkey Duplex Analysis (Hot??)

Devin Beverage
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 20 2015, 14:03

I'm new to the game and building my foundation. Please look over my analysis and give me some feedback. I want to make sure I'm within bounds for my estimates. If you'd be so helpful as to run your own analyses and show me a thing or two, I would be indebted to you. 

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profi...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6804-S-Juanita-S...

Zillow hasn't been updated with the price reduction from today. Reported NOI: $15,121, meaning claimed monthly expenses are $159/mo, which I'm assuming is property management at 11% of the rent?

Annual Rent Income (currently rented): $17,040

Property Taxes: $1852

Mortgage: $8220 (This would be assuming an FHA loan, with 3.5% down which is my goal)

Mortgage Insurance: $1200 

Property Management: $2556 (15% of rent)

Utilities (?) : $5400 calculated as $225 per unit per month, for the whole year.

Vacancy: $1704 (10%)

Total expenses = $20,932 BUT, I do not expect to have property management, and I believe utilities are tenant-paid because in one of the photos I noticed there are two different meters. This would bring me into the green by $4,064 for the year, and $338 per month. While I am still early in my learning process and have been looking for a duplex I can live in as well (whereas this one is fully rented), but this seems like such a legitimately good deal to me that I'd consider looking at buying options.

After the price reduction to $140,000 in the last few hours, the property satisfies the 1% rule. I started evaluating before the change, so it's as if they knew what I was thinking!

Please give me some pointers, destroy my analysis, or whatever you may.

Loading replies...