• Homeowner
  • Prescott Valley, AZ
Votes |
Great deal, can't figure out the financing

James Theron Erwin III
  • Homeowner
  • Prescott Valley, AZ
Posted Jul 22 2015, 22:37
I have posted before about this deal in the 1031 exchange forum before and I believe that is not what I need... You always hear that if you find a good deal, you will find the money... Well, I need some help finding the money or more specifically which is the best route for getting the money. Details of the deal- Outside of Kingman AZ, I own 40 acres with a funky 1000sf house through which I have an owner carry back mortgage for 140k after putting 20k down. I have done some improvements to the land (about $10000 in fencing). I have a friend who owns a 9 year old 1800sf single family home in a subdivision very near my primary residence in Prescott Valley AZ (the kingman property is about 110 miles away). I have offered to trade her straight up as she has been looking for property near mine in Kingman and I have been searching for a good deal on a local rental in Prescott valley. She owns her home outright with %100 equity and it is worth approximately 220-240k. I believe my property is worth somewhere around 180k with my 140k mortgage and hers is worth 220k with no mortgage. So, essentially if I can figure this out, I would end up with a 140k mortgage with 80k equity in the other home. I thought it would be a no-brainer to get this financed or figured out but I am having issues... Originally, I thought maybe a 1031 exchange which I was told would make things too complicated and possibly not qualify anyway. I have tried 2 different traditional mortgage guys who have since said they can't make it pencil. So, I'm beginning to research hard money and private money to try to make this deal go through. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, if my owner carry back holder would be amicable, would it be possible to switch his first trust deed to the other property? He would essentially get my earned equity if he foreclosed and the house in Prescott valley is way more liquid to sell again. Thanks for reading and please feel free to ask any questions about the details of the deal that may be needed to give proper advice.

Loading replies...