Votes
Daniel Miller
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Is the lack of inventory steering anyone's curiosity away from RE

Daniel Miller
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Sep 14 2015, 13:04

I have been in RE four years. I have done moderately well. I have been successful using only one type of RE investment strategy. I do residential and small commercial multi-family value add investments. My strategy is very simple. I try to purchase for $50 - $60 a square foot monthly, fix up the units, and then lease the units out for $1/SF monthly. If the big picture idea stays according to plan than the investment is always successful.

I am assuming that most experienced investors who run the numbers see how fantastic of a deal that is and how ridiculous of an expectation that is to have in today's market . And I realize that. The market has rebounded and that strategy has gone out the window. I can make my margins closer but I really have no desire to. 

Which leads to my question. With this lack of inventory, specifically in the value-add multi-family space, is anyone looking outside of real estate into other business at the moment.? I will have a 1031x coming up soon (selling a 4 unit) and do not really want to reinvest back into MF (and more generally real estate at all). Responses much appreciated. Thanks!

Loading replies...