Best Investment Club to enlist in?

4 Replies

Greetings! 

As a newcomer to both biggerpockets and the real estate business, I have decided that it may be within my best interests to join an 'Investment Club' (or Real Estate Investment Club, as it may be called). It is essential that I be perceived as a prospectively beneficial component -- not as a rube to be downplayed as competition or profit.

Due to my current state of employment, I will not be capable of freely relocating beyond the San Diego region until August. As such, I am seeking an investment club in the San Diego area and have come across the 'San Diego Investment Club FIBI'. I know nothing of this group but must find someone who knows if this is a trustworthy networking group to commit towards. 

However, if it is absolutely essential that I abstain for a greater investment club, it is paramount that I understand which group this is and why. It is also essential that I understand the prerequisites to networking with these communities. 

Thank you for your time in reading this. I sincerely look forward to any advice in this subject!

I will definitely look into it in person then, Mr. Melkonian. I felt I should inquire ahead of time as I am not in the physical area of San Diego due to work related issues, but I will definitely visit in person!

Good advise. Try to find another group in addition to that group such as a Meet Up Real Estate club.   There might be some people that you could meet for coffee on a regular basis and share information there.

Start speaking to a real estate agent in this area and see what information you get  about investing in that area.

I would certainly not invest any money in anything until you felt you were far enough along in your Real Estate life.  You might also want to start with a joint venture and partner with  someone on yur first deal.   

Originally posted by @Jose Torres :

Greetings! 

As a newcomer to both biggerpockets and the real estate business, I have decided that it may be within my best interests to join an 'Investment Club' (or Real Estate Investment Club, as it may be called). It is essential that I be perceived as a prospectively beneficial component -- not as a rube to be downplayed as competition or profit.

Due to my current state of employment, I will not be capable of freely relocating beyond the San Diego region until August. As such, I am seeking an investment club in the San Diego area and have come across the 'San Diego Investment Club FIBI'. I know nothing of this group but must find someone who knows if this is a trustworthy networking group to commit towards. 

However, if it is absolutely essential that I abstain for a greater investment club, it is paramount that I understand which group this is and why. It is also essential that I understand the prerequisites to networking with these communities. 

Thank you for your time in reading this. I sincerely look forward to any advice in this subject!

Jose, there are several really good investment clubs in San Diego County. Here's a quick list of the larger, more popular ones:

• SDIC/FIBI (Which you have already found)
  • SDCIA (San Diego Creative Investors Association)
  • NSDREI (North San Diego Real Estate Investors Association)
  • Lady Landlords
  • SDNI (San Diego Note Investors)

None of them are here to sell you stuff but you may be offered a seminar once in a while at a very reasonable rate. For example was the one we at NSDREI promoted for Dyches Boddiford for less than $500 after he spoke at our club. When you're back in the area you should visit each one and see which is convenient for you and which one you like best. SDCIA offers free admission for military members. I can give you admission to your first NSDREI meeting if you contact me and let me know you'll be there.