• Investor
  • Lebanon, TN
Votes |
Septic Inspection

Steve Bruza
  • Investor
  • Lebanon, TN
Posted Oct 23 2016, 12:47

I have found a house that I am considering purchasing as a Buy and Hold.  We are still in negotiations and I have a pretty good idea of my costs and what I want to invest in the property to update and rehab it.

My question is about the septic system.  The house is being sold as a 2 / 1, when it has a third bedroom.  There seem to be some questions regarding the septic system and whether or not it is rated as a two or three bedroom "system".  I am not familiar with this perspective and would like to know if anyone has encountered this before.  The septic system did have some work on the "paddlebox" about 15 years ago.  The house is 60 years old, but is in generally good shape.  I was provided a form from the "environmental office" and they are stating it is only a two bedroom house.  I have never seen this entity decide how a house can be designated.  

I usually perform my own inspections, but I was thinking of getting a septic inspection performed.  Does anyone know what kind of cost I can expect for an inspection?  Or what kind of costs I may be looking at to improve or replace the system?  Thank you for your input.

Loading replies...