First deal on a duplex in Saint Louis - Feedback appreciated!
I'd like to get some feedback on this deal I'm considering on a 2 bed/1.5 bath duplex in Saint Louis, MO. I copied the particulars from the BP rental calc (I hope that's okay) and my question now is how good is this deal? I'm sure you may want more info, so please ask away. I would say the neighborhood is a C to B, with the school district being the major drawback (4/10). Only one side is currently rented.
Concerns: No storage, at all. But I think this could be nice for a single person or couple's first place together, and maybe would work well as a furnished home in the future.
All of the outlets are 2-pronged, so no grounds, except the required GFIs in the bathroom and laundry. Will this be an issue in the future?
Purchase Price: $102,500.00
Purchase Closing Costs: $1,500.00
Estimated Repairs: $4,000.00 (not much work needed and I doubled my estimate)
Total Project Cost: $108,000.00
After Repair Value: $103,000.00
Down Payment: $25,625.00
Loan Amount: $76,875.00
Loan Interest Rate: 5.000%
Monthly P&I: $412.68
Total Cash Needed By Borrower: $31,125.00
Monthly Income: $1,380.00
Monthly Expenses: $1,275.93
Monthly Cashflow: $104.07
Pro Forma Cap Rate: 6.02%
NOI: $6,201.00
Total operating expenses: $863.25
Mortgage expenses: $412.68
Vacancy: $138.00 (10%)
Repairs: $138.00 (10%)
CapEx: $138.00 (10%)
Insurance: $68.00
Management: $138.00 (10%)
P&I: $412.68
Property Taxes: $173.25
Lawn: $70.00
Financial Info
Income-Expense Ratio (2% Rule): 1.28%
Total Initial Equity: $26,125.00
Gross Rent Multiplier: 6.19
Debt Coverage Ratio: 1.25