• Investor
  • Albany, NY
Votes |
HELP PLEASE

Jose Reyes
  • Investor
  • Albany, NY
Posted Nov 3 2016, 07:59

I'm currently looking to get into contact with all lenders for knowledge, insight and advice on how to close on financing properties

I am fairly new to the business, but I do own a couple properties in the downtown Albany NY area free and clear. My goal is to GET THESE PROJECTS REHABBED!

From my experience I have been in contact with two hard money lender companies, both of which I did not close on. Reason, they were offering way more than I needed and asking for too much to bring at closing. Prior to this, I was clear on my second go with a company that I could not bring a lot to close and is it possible to get funding on a project without coming out of pocket? I was told yes! For these companies they make you come out of pocket for appraisal and broker fee ($1,000 plus), which I understand and I'm not against investing in my company but to lose that amount and not get a deal hurts, especially when it happens twice. But throughout the 7 months of disappointment with these companies and them not being straight forward, I have learned a lot and I do thank them for that.

This may come off to some of you as venting. But, honestly I'm in my last semester in college beginning my career in the real world and I'm looking for positive guidance and look forward to seeing the vision having my personal professional portfolio of investments.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you! Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...