Votes
Donnell Durden
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
Really trying to get my first deal. Talk to me guys

Donnell Durden
  • Bronx, NY
Posted Jan 18 2017, 15:01

Below is the email I've been sending to Mortgage Brokers. To me this looks like a clear deal. Any thoughts? Ideas on how I can get this deal done in my condition?

Hey Liz,

I am Donnell Durden, and I'm interested in investing in my first home. I was recommended to you by a Banker at TD Bank. He also mentioned that I may be a good fit for the 203K Loan either now or in the near future. I have my eye on a 4 family property in New Haven listed at about 95K. I think we could get it for cheaper because from the pictures it needs work. But at least there are pictures so thats a good sign. So I'm assuming with repairs I'd likely need a loan of about 120K

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/8...

*If you steal my deal I want a wholesalers fee lol*

So here are my stats

DOB: 03/10/1986

Single

Student: Fulltime

Monthly Income: $1600

Monthly Expenses: $950

DTI: 59%

Student Loan Debt: 35K

Student Loans: deferred

Rent: $0

Car Note: $0

Loan amount: 120K (give or take)

Cash on hand to put down: 7K

Credit Scores: TU 666 EQ 625 EX 656

Income: around 20k

A couple of small employment gaps in the past 2-3 years

I can possibly come up with more money for the down payment if absolutely needed. My credit score should jump a bit soon I recently (like yesterday) paid off a large portion of my credit card debt. I will be under 30% utilized really soon. Also I recently interviewed for a full time position at my current place of employment where I'd be making at least 35K. *fingers crossed*Also my employment gaps are due to my entrepreneurial endeavors.

Here are my take on the house's potential. I believe this area will bloom in the years to come. Especially being so close to Yale. I Could live in one of the 2 bd units and rent out the other 3 unit. This could yield over $400 in cash flow after expenses. Heres kind of how I see it and I like to consider the worst case scenario.

Two 1 Br $700 X 2 ($1400)

One 2 br $850

Monthly Projections

Rental Income: $2250

Expenses $1755

Mortgage: $800

Tax: $200

Insurance: $100

Repairs $100

Property Management: $300

Cap Ex: $100

Vacancy: $155

Cash Flow: $495

To me this seems like a great deal. I look forward to being a property owner and land lord. So what does a guy in my situation need to do to get this house? and if it isn't possible to do in my current financial state please inform me on what specific changes I need to make (boost score, bigger down payment) and I will try my hardest to reach those heights. I realize these houses come and go fast so If this deal passes your information will still be greatly appreciated and utilized for I am on a mission to buy a property so I will continue to search for deals. Thank you for your time and consideration. Feel free to email or contact me via phone. What ever I need to do to make this work.

Best,

Donnell Durden

Help me guys! I texted the agent today that was on the realtor.com page she barely seems interested in selling it. It's in a pretty rough neighborhood but I don't mind it. I've contacted banks and some of them have stopped offering 203k loans. TD recommended me to McCue and McCue recommended me to Merrimack... Thoughts? 

Loading replies...