Vacant/Abandon House Owned by Family Trust

Vacant/Abandon House Owned by Family Trust

Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 21 votes

I have a lead on a vacant house in a good neighborhood. It's currently own by a "Family Trust" However, records also indicate that it is owner occupied and the owner mailing address is the property address. Should I send a letter to the mailing address I have on file as the property address? 

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Clay Sellers

    As someone who has multiple Family Trusts, I'd try sending it to the property address that you have on file. The tenant/occupant may forward it to the trustee but there's no guarantee.

    If you don't hear back, there's probably not much you can do since trusts often provide anonymity for the owners.

    Best,

    Dave

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    @Dave Van Horn Thank you. That's what I will do.

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Sure thing.

    Best of luck!

    - Dave

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.