• Rental Property Investor
  • Montgomery, AL
Votes |
Wholsale Alabama Help Please

Aaron Millis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Montgomery, AL
Posted May 10 2017, 14:07

So for starters I would like to know if Wholesaling is legal in Alabama.. i guess i just assumed it was legal in every state which might not have been wise on my part. The reason i ask this is because i went to a real estate company today to see if i could put them on my buyers list for my wholesale deals. The man their was an agent and said he would be all for it, if it could be legally done. Since agents have to adhere to certain laws i guess it makes it more difficult to pay me for finding them a property. I basically told him that it does not work that way and that i would technically be buying and immediately selling it to him. I'm certainly not the subject matter expert so i told him i would come back with more information. Basically i know that the 2 main ways are assignment and double closing, is there certain websites where i can find out exactly how those work in certain states? I was under the assumption that either way you are basically paying the fees and everything yourself but are actually closing with the cash buyers money not your own. Or in the case of an assignment you can just put their name on the contract as well. Is this possible with an agent as your buyer?

Sorry i know thats a lot of questions so thanks in advance for any help.

Loading replies...