• Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Single Family Home Denver Analysis

John Samuelson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted May 26 2017, 07:26

Hello everyone! I got a deal in the pipeline and wanted to share my thoughts about it.  This deal is in Denver (market is high) and is sort of an off market deal.  Basically a family friends parents passed and one of the sons came to Denver to see to be sold. He had originally listed it for $375k, and it got bid up to $395k but at the last minute the seller pulled out because couldn't come up with all the money for down payment.

He needs to leave town and I told him I would be a quick no hassle buyer, where we could skip the buyer commission fee's. We have agreed on a price of $360k. Here's more stats

• Built in 1954, one owner (his parents)
  • How is in great shape minus few little things
  • Has solar thats totally paid for
  • Classic blast from the past decor, probably late 90's style.
  • 1800 sq ft
  • 4 bedrooms
  • 2 baths
  • Addition of 3 season enclosed patio with pellet heater
  • Appliances all in good shape, water heater is the oldest
  • Decent area of town, about 10-15 minutes from downtown Denver
  • Taxes are $1604

I ran a fake rental ad, and think I can safely get around $2300 a month.  After talking to my loan guy I think this will provide around $600 cash flow. Though this place doesn't fit the 2% or even 1% rule. But I would be banking on cash flow and appreciation, which Denver has been doing a lot of.

The other option would be to try and flip. I've never done a flip before but feel like this place is primed with all the old decor for it.  As a gut guess thinking $15k would be enough to turn it around and resell it. So would be around $375k in, thinking could resell in the low $400's based on comps.

Thoughts? Anything else I'm missing?

Loading replies...