Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
How can I structure this deal?

Account Closed
  • Investor
Posted Apr 22 2010, 02:50

I have a motivated seller who is willing to sell me their 24 unit apartment building. Sales price is 950,000 and the buildings value is just over 1,000,000. The seller is also willing to finance 20% of the purchase price.

Now this is my first time working a deal with seller financing and my local banks dont seem to understand or be too open to the idea. I basically thought that a bank would lend me a first mortgage for 80% and would consider the seller 2nd of 20% my downpayment.

However after talking with a few mortgage brokers they suggested it would be easier to get a better loan with better rates if I brought the seller on as an equity partner and the seller provides the downpayment of 190,000 and when we close she gets 950,000 and I owned 80% she would own 20%. Then I would slowly buy her out on the side for her 190,000 (20%) that she still has into the property.

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? How could I structure this deal so that I can buy a great apartment building and only put a little of my own cash into the deal? Also if anyone knows of any good lenders who are open to this type of deal and offer competitive rates and terms please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Brady

Loading replies...