Ideas on how to get a homeowners phone number

5 Replies

Hello fellow BP members! I have a couple of vacant house leads(2 of which I think are extremely hot) on my desk and I’ve searched for the owner of the properties on the county website so I know who owns them but I’d love to be able to get them on the phone. Any ideas on ways that I could get these persons phone numbers in my hands ? Thanks !

@Jay Mott

I always say you have to become a private investigator as well when you become a real estate investor. :) 

Once I confirm ownership through the county website, I use WhitePages Premium (paid version - $20/month) as the first easy source to locate phone number and confirm mailing address. I have pretty good success with WhitePages (70% success rate.) If that doesn't work though, other sites to try are Intelius and beenverified.com.

If they all cannot get you good numbers, you can hire a private investigator, who can use a skip tracing service, and you can expect to pay $50+ per lead, but the success rate is pretty high.

Thatsthem.com is also good, can find emails as well as numbers.

If you need just a few you can buy a package from American Tracers. It’s about 80 bucks for 10 traces 8 bucks a trace. Good for one at a time searches. You get it back emailed to you usually within a hour or two

I also have used @Tony Battle who is a member here for bulk tracing. I send him 50 at a time. very reasonable His Company is Pinpojnt Private Investigations out of South Dakota

Here's my question, how do you get past the "previous relationship" requirement to get a skip tracing account with TLO? I used them as an asset manager, but as an investor I cant use them to find owners. If I could get TLO or one like it I wouldn't have much issues finding owners, I did it on a regular basis. But WhitePages.com just strikes me as weak in comparison. Any advice?

People hang up phones , drive to their house and knock on the door , or send them a letter that DOES NOT look like a wholesalers and inquire and leave them your number 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here