Clemson, SC · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 2 votes
Hello everyone!
I wanted to know what you all would do in my situation in terms of finding a lender for my rental. I have an opportunity to buy a single family home in Southern California for approximately 300k. Estimated home value is 700k and after speaking with a property manager in the area it should rent for around 3500. My question is what’s the best approach to find a lender that will give me a conventional loan that will parallel today’s interest rates. I don’t live in California so I’m not sure if i need a nationally qualified portfolio lender or a community bank that would give me an 80/20 at a low interest rate. I have the 60k for the 20% but I simply wanted to know more information about how to find the correct lender. Thanks to anyone who responds.