Votes
Tina Acevedo
  • Kailua, HI
Votes |
Rental income is here.... Now What????

Tina Acevedo
  • Kailua, HI
Posted Nov 8 2017, 02:28
Bought first condo on east side of Oahu on a no money down 5/5 arm loan 2.5 years ago. Condos value has increased significantly for a short amount of time. Financed loan for $379000 Balance is now 360000 Current county assessment value $397000 Interest rate at 3.875% No PMI Condo is currently being rented out to a tenant who covers my entire mortgage but none of the HOA fees. Mortgage: $1900 a month includes taxes and insurance Current rent : $1900 a month HOA fees : $356 a month I work full time and live for free in my current place.(family) I have no reserves saved up. Just a good credit score and a well paying full time job and also a well paying part time job. Current monthly gross from both jobs is $5800 Sounds silly but since I have been receiving rental income and seeing all the money from my paychecks again, I actually have NO idea what to do with it. :( Id like to buy my second property and rent it out for a profit. I also want to set up the first property on a more secure mortgage that would avoid variable rates and allow me to see some positive cash flow. Main goal is positive cash flow. I am 31 years old and of all my friends I am the only one in my circle of friends that is focused on real estate goals, so basically I have no one I can go to with this dilemma. Just simply learning as I go. Any advice? Reading material suggestions? Or simply what would you do in my situation..... be aware that I am in Hawaii, prices are beyond ridiculous but I'm charging into the real estate game anyways. Thanks for reading.

Loading replies...