• Investor
  • Huntingtn Sta, NY
Votes |
Morningstar Ratings for TurnKey Real Estate companies

TJ Walker
  • Investor
  • Huntingtn Sta, NY
Posted Dec 18 2017, 08:00

If I want to know how a REIT or any mutual fund in any sector has performed relative to the market and relative to its peers in the last 1 year, 3 years, 5 years or 10 years, I can find this out through a rating service like Morningstar, which can't be easily gamed. Past performance is of course no guarantee for the future, but it at least lets me avoid dog funds that have lost money for years and/or have high fees. Is there anything comparable to this for Turnkey real estate companies? If not, why not (and is this something BP could start)? I am confused as to how to select a turnkey company on a rational ROI basis. Please don't say "pick a market first" as I have no rational basis for selecting a market other than anticipated ROI. What is best way to get best due diligence? Many investors seem happy as long as there are no problems, tenants are kept, and there is at least some minimal cashflow, as if they didn't realize it would still be possible to have negative ROI even while seeming to have positive cashflow in first few years. Help!

Loading replies...