• Investor
  • Simpsonville, SC
Votes |
Single Family Direct Mail Strategy to a Large Subdivision

Zachary Bradigan
  • Investor
  • Simpsonville, SC
Posted Jan 7 2018, 11:04

In a few months once I have completed my Multi-family direct mail campaign, I planned on doing one directed to a subdivision down the road from me. It is one of the largest in South Carolina(used to be the largest a few years ago) at just over 1000 houses. The town it resides in is has blown up over the past few years with close to double digit increases in property values YoY in that time. The subdivision itself has smaller homes for the area, and they are older for the area, most built in the 70's. Most of them have a similar look and footprint with a few different designs for the builders to choose from originally, so there is not a ton of variation.

Long story short, these homes are smaller and older then others in the area which makes them affordable, and would be a good place for lower income or first time home buyers to invest in the next few years since the area is really blossoming, but I do want to get them at a discount and likely rehab or upgrade them once purchased to build equity.

When I do a direct mail campaign to these houses would it behoove me to include a suggested price I'd buy the houses at with tier levels for how many beds and baths there are? Or should I just leave that up to the negotiation after they call? Obviously I'd include some language saying something to the affect of "sales price may vary based upon square footage and condition of property" to ensure there is some leeway.

I can see Pros to including it because everyone who called would know that I wanted a discount and wouldn't waste my time calling since they'd be ready for it, however I do know I'd likely receive fewer upfront calls and would not be able to negotiate people down on price.

Any thoughts on this strategy or has anyone tried this?

Loading replies...