Votes
Kurt Von
  • Ridgewood, NJ
Votes |
Should I hire an agent?

Kurt Von
  • Ridgewood, NJ
Posted Jan 26 2018, 13:53

Hello all, I finally might be close to making my first deal. I found property this spring but it was taken off the market because there were APA restrictions (upstate NY) that prevented a septic from going in because a stream is located on the property. Not much interest from people. I see the potential for having a small off grid rental on it though.

I had been calling the agency here and there and finally got a call back saying the owner (an older lady living in FL) didn't want to pay the taxes on the property anymore. 

It's not listed on the market right now. I plan to get around the septic issue by putting in an incinerator / composting toilet and am waiting back on info about grey water system from the agent.

If it all works out, I plan to make an offer. My big question is should I hire an agent to help me out with this? This is my first deal so having some guidance would be nice. Would you recommend I do this? The property could be acquired for a steal I think if I can get it before it goes on the market.

Any advice would be much appreciated. - Kurt

Loading replies...