What service do you use to create an LLC?

4 Replies

Good Evening,

Just curious on some feedback on who to use to create an LLC? Are websites like legalzoom the way to go or is there a more formal and desirable alternative? Thanks in advance.

Mike

I used incfile. I haven’t had any issues.

I used LegalZoom because it was the end of the year and many local lawyers were busy. You can probably figure out how to form the LLC without a lawyer. LegalZoom was a fine experience but I was just setting up a basic 50/50 partnership with two member managers. Not sure of the cost competitiveness of LegalZoom compared to others but i had a good experience and was able to close on a deal shortly after the new year.

Originally posted by @Michael Weis :

Good Evening,

Just curious on some feedback on who to use to create an LLC? Are websites like legalzoom the way to go or is there a more formal and desirable alternative? Thanks in advance.

Mike

At least in New York, and I suspect elsewhere as well, forming the actual LLC just involves filling out a form and sending it in with your payment. In some places, there are publication requirements, and it's usually a good idea to hire a service for that.

The issue of lawyers comes in where the state requires you to have an LLC agreement even for a single-member LLC. Then you need to hire a lawyer or pull a file on Legal Zoom or some other similar site.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.