What service do you use to create an LLC?

4 Replies

Good Evening,

Just curious on some feedback on who to use to create an LLC? Are websites like legalzoom the way to go or is there a more formal and desirable alternative? Thanks in advance.

Mike

I used incfile. I haven’t had any issues.

I used LegalZoom because it was the end of the year and many local lawyers were busy. You can probably figure out how to form the LLC without a lawyer. LegalZoom was a fine experience but I was just setting up a basic 50/50 partnership with two member managers. Not sure of the cost competitiveness of LegalZoom compared to others but i had a good experience and was able to close on a deal shortly after the new year.

@Michael Weis If it is an easy structure, I just use the secretary of state website here in KY. Not sure if other states are as accessible online.

Originally posted by @Michael Weis :

Good Evening,

Just curious on some feedback on who to use to create an LLC? Are websites like legalzoom the way to go or is there a more formal and desirable alternative? Thanks in advance.

Mike

At least in New York, and I suspect elsewhere as well, forming the actual LLC just involves filling out a form and sending it in with your payment. In some places, there are publication requirements, and it's usually a good idea to hire a service for that.

The issue of lawyers comes in where the state requires you to have an LLC agreement even for a single-member LLC. Then you need to hire a lawyer or pull a file on Legal Zoom or some other similar site.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here