Kurt Michaelson
  • Mustang, OK
Votes |
[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal

Kurt Michaelson
  • Mustang, OK
Posted Oct 12 2018, 07:53

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment with a woman who owns this house that was damaged by a fire a few months ago. Sadly, her mother died in this fire also.

She's asking $300K for the house and I've done some preliminary repair estimates based on the amount of fire damage, which she said wasn't very much. I've included a $6,000 cost for fire restoration as a miscellaneous item but it does not show up on this report.

I've used a Deal Analyzer from FortuneBuilders and have become dissatisfied with it, but I'm feeling MUCH MORE CONFIDENT with the use and presentation format these calculators produce, so thank you to BiggerPockets for creating these tools and the website to help investors, especially for a rookie like myself.

I believe she's negotiable as far as a price is concerned and I was thinking of beginning to start negotiating at $269K. Would that be too low to start?

I appreciate the feedback on this and I'm incredibly grateful for this community of people here on BiggerPockets.

Loading replies...