Need help Calculating ARV

7 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm having difficulty when it comes to calculating ARV. I have a good sense of what goes into it (I read J Scott's Guide to Estimating ARV), however I'm having trouble on determining the adjustment values for say an extra bedroom or bath or age of building or cost of porch/deck.

Is there a resource you guys are using to determine these values? I've read it's not always good to use PPSF. 

Are you getting guidance from a property manager or contractor?

Thanks!

Chris

@Chris Marte have you considered interviewing real estate agents to list the property? This is what a good agent does for you, and you can get all of these answers for free by listing several agents in your area. 

@Chris Marte even more reason to check with your realtor! Even if you don't use an agent for every transaction, they are still an important part of your team. I don't use my residential mortgage guy much anymore since I switched to commercial, but you better believe I check with him every time I am doing something that involves his area of expertise. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here