Votes |
[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal

Todd Kruger
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted Sep 23 2019, 20:06

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

I purchased a home in June that had a fire.  The previous owner sold this to me for $40k and I have rebuilt the entire home from the foundation up.  I will finish the house next week and be all in at $135k.  Retail value is $185k.  I am a Real Estate Broker and I would net $175k after the sale of this home.  The market is very strong and this will sell right away thus making $40k tax free back into my Self-Directed 401K.

My alternative is to keep this in my portfolio as a long term rental.  I can rent this for $1,400 monthly and property taxes are about $150 so I would net about $1,100 monthly after all expenses-also tax free into my 401K.  

All along I planned as keeping this as a long term rental, and the home came out great. I have about $2.8M in my 401K and have many assets and investments in it.  I do not NEED the $ in my account to allow me to do more deals, so this is not a concern either way.  

What do you think I should do?  Should I sell this and deposit $175K back into my 401K or make $1,100 net for the foreseeable future and consider selling it 5 or 10 years down the road???

THANK YOU FOR YOUR consideration!  Todd

Loading replies...