2- Unit-Former Church on 1st Fl - Help me analyze this deal

2- Unit-Former Church on 1st Fl - Help me analyze this deal

Niskayuna, NY 12309 · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 9 votes

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Beyond whether the numbers work - I need advice on how critical are blueprints during the acquisition stage.  I purchased schematic drawings for $1,200 and developed a fairly comprehensive SOW I would like to have the contractors use to give me a quote.  I'm going to get at least 3 quotes. I want to use Bargain Outlet to do the layout for kitchens and baths.  I have overall sf for both kitchen 102 sf and bath 67 sf. 

I'm being advised to get blueprints now because the 1st floor is wide open since it was formerly a church.  The cost for blueprints is another $3500 -- lowest quote I've received so far.  Is it reasonable to expect a good contractor to give me a solid estimate and build out the 1st floor without blueprints.  Can't they map out what needs to be done from the schematic drawing?  Or am I being penny wise and pound foolish?  

My other option was to take the most responsible bid price, tack on another 20% and then buy blueprints after I've gotten financing finalized -- and before I sign a final agreement with the selected bidder. I would have them use the blueprints to negotiate a final price. I have about 40% of the cash to finish the job.

Your thoughts?  What am I missing?

Thank you!

0Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.