BP Rental Calculator - does it include PMI?

BP Rental Calculator - does it include PMI?

Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 112 posts · 126 votes

The title says it all. I can't tell if the mortgage payment amount in the calculator actually includes PMI (mortgage insurance) or not.

For those of us looking at FHA house hacks, this is a pretty important detail. When running a rental analysis on BP, I noticed the mortgage payment amount is significantly lower than if its run in other calculators that *do* include PMI.

Can anyone clear this up? If BP is not including PMI in the calcs, they need to call that out. This can be the difference in positive or negative cashflow.

5Reply
26 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    I just looked and it does not appear in the loan details but if you know what that expense is every month you could add it in Other expenses to account for it in your calculation.
  • Engineer · Genoa, NV · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 59 votes
    4y

    I just noticed the same thing @Ross Bowman. Were you ever able to get a confirmation or get someone to explain? It seems like there would be another box to check there. Or, it would be automatically included for down payments under 20%. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.