Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Gabriella Woods
Votes |
VA loan opportunity

Gabriella Woods
Posted Jan 15 2021, 19:00

I am currently stationed in Augusta, Ga where cost of living is super cheap and the area is growing decently. I have a remainder of 1 year and 5 months left here, that being said, with a VA loan I would have to occupy the home for a full year which means I really have 5 months to purchase a property. Ideally I would want to purchase a multi family home but there aren't really any in the area due to how cheap it is to live here. anyway, I intend to be stationed in either Hawaii or San Diego next which obviously isn't somewhere I, as a beginner should start investing. I am currently rooming with someone and I am pocketing about 700 dollars every month due to BAH (aside from my regular pay). I have considered buying a home here and renting out the bedrooms while being here to make some profit but also to rent out the house after leaving this place. My question is whether i should take advantage of the buying opportunity with having 0 down with the VA loan to purchase a house here OR if I should continue to save in my current position and while being in Hawaii or SD (if all goes well) and eventually buy a property out of state using a FHA loan. Any advice ? Keep in mind I have no idea what i'm doing. Thanks!

Loading replies...